Enrollment projections will be prepared every five years under the direction of the Superintendent and will be reviewed and brought up to date annually.
The projections will take into consideration the following:
- School registration figures
- Review of forthcoming changes in town planning and zoning
- Review of current and planned community land development and housing projects
Whenever construction of new school facilities or the closing of any school buildings is being contemplated,
Read More: FBB – Enrollment Projections
Process for Approval
Change orders that change the approved scope of the project will be submitted to the School Board (or subcommittee) for approval prior to work commencing. Change orders that do not change the scope of the work, but are the result of unforeseen circumstances discovered during the course of the project,
Read More: FEH – Change Orders Procedures
A school will be considered for a comprehensive closing study if any of the following conditions apply:
1. The school building is inadequate by virtue of age, condition, size of site, or other overriding limitations and cannot reasonably and economically be brought up to the current educational standards.
2. The school has substantially under capacity for a two-year period and is projected to remain so.
Read More: FL – Retirement of Facilities