by Jim Fredrickson
Chairman, Budget & Property Committee
ConVal School Board
It’s “Budget Season” again – that time of year when there is a lot of activity going on from a school budget and property tax bill point of view. As such, it’s time to start our annual series of articles regarding the financial aspects of running the District.
We’re going to take the same approach to these articles as we did last year. This series will address those aspects of these that are either new or specific to this year.
Prior to that, our financial articles built a base of knowledge about the school budget and the property tax process. So, if you need a refresher, those documents are still available on the School Board website Budget “Archives”: https://schoolboard.convalsd.net/2020/11/
With that in mind, here’s a brief preview of some the articles we’ll be publishing between now and the vote in March:
- Overview of Budget Schedule (included in this article)
- 2022 Property Tax Bills and Funds “returned” to towns in the School District
- Summary of various District Trust Funds (and associated Warrant Articles)
- Details of proposed FY24 School Budget (also subject to voter approval in March ‘23)
- Summary of current funding of education by the State of New Hampshire.
These new articles (as well as all previous financial publications) will all be available on the ConVal School Board website: https://schoolboard.convalsd.net/budget/
This article includes information on:
- FY24 Budget Schedule
- Budget Guidance
- Annual School Board Budget Meeting
We’ll let you know when we post new material. Stay tuned.