IHCD – Advanced Coursework

Any student who is capable of and wishes to do advanced course work or take advanced placement classes while in high school should be permitted to do so.  School district administrators and guidance counselors will provide assistance to students who wish to enroll in such courses.  If advanced course work or advanced placement courses are not available within the school district, administrators or guidance counselors are instructed to assist students in identifying alternative means of taking such classes.  These means may include taking courses at a different public school or a private school, or through distance education courses or other suitable means.

Credit may be given, provided the course conforms to applicable District policies and state standards.  The District will not be responsible for any tuition, fees, or other associated costs incurred by the student for enrollment in such courses.

This policy will be published annually in the High School Student Handbook.

Legal References:

      NH Code of Administrative Rules, Section Ed 306.14(g), Advanced Course Work

Category:  P

See also: IK, IKF, IMBA, IMBC, LEB

1st Read:  September 15, 2015

2nd Read:  October 6, 2015

Adopted:  October 6, 2015