by ConVal School Board Member Jim Fredrickson
February 17, 2021
The first (and most important) warrant article on your ballot determines the amount of expenses (costs) that the District can incur during the 2021-22 school year that begins July 1, 2021.
There are some key points to keep in mind as you read the information provided below and decide to support the budget – or not.
Regardless of the vote on this Warrant Article:
- Certain costs to maintain COVID-related safety measures will still be incurred
- Costs of employee health benefits and NH State retirement programs are going to increase by $1.164 million (see page 3 of the linked .pdf file below)
- The total operating budget is going to increase by at least $0.715 million…see “Default”
- State revenues are going to decrease
- Local property taxes are going to increase
Approval of the budget will allow the District to implement three key new programs in our COVID-driven “Journey to Resiliency” plan. The total cost of these programs: $1.35 million.
For more complete details, please see this .pdf file.