Inquiries or complaints regarding compliance with Title IX may be directed to the office of the Superintendent of Schools. Grievances will be processed as follows:
- Any complaint from or on behalf of any person employed or served by the schools shall be submitted in writing, using the form provided,
Read More: AC-R: Non-Discrimination: Title IX Grievances
The procedures set forth below are designed to safeguard access to ConVal Schools for individuals who have legitimate reasons for being in the schools. These procedures have been established to properly identify all visitors to District buildings and regulate access in an effort to protect all students and staff. An effective access control policy will enhance the overall security of District buildings and prepare each building to respond to an emergency event.
Read More: ECA-R – Safe School Procedures
All drivers transporting Contoocook Valley School District students to and from curriculum and extra-curricular activities must follow the minimum requirements and provide an original document* (for photocopying items 1-3) and indicate confirmation of items 4 & 5:
- Valid Drivers License*.
- Current Motor Vehicle Registration*.
- Current State approved automobile insurance* providing minimum liability coverage of $100,000/$300,000 in the event of an accident.
Read More: IICA-R Use of Private Vehicle Form
General Statement of Policy Prohibiting Sexual Harassment
The School District maintains a firm policy prohibiting all forms of discrimination based on
sex. Sexual harassment and sexual violence against students or employees is sex discrimination. All
persons are to be treated with respect and dignity. Sexual violence, sexual advances or other forms
of personal harassment by any person,
Read More: JBAA-R Sexual Harassment and Sexual Violence Report Form
Treatment is focused first on the student, and then the environment
A. Treatment of hair as directed by your Primary Care Provider (PCP) – if using an over-the-counter product, repeat per label instructions
● Daily head check – under good lighting
● Use appropriate comb
● Manually remove nits
● Remove live lice –
Read More: JLCC-R Head Lice Checklist for the Home
Obligations of the District/Administration/School Nurse
On the day of identification, the school nurse, principal, or delegatee will:
- notify parent/guardian
- provide the parent/guardian/adult student, or send home with the student –
- “Guidelines On Head Lice – ConVal School District” brochure
- Head Lice Checklist for the Home
- advise parent/guardian/adult student to contact health-care provider or pharmacist regarding treatment options
- advise parent/guardian/adult student to notify close contacts as per brochure
- at the discretion of the school nurse,
Read More: JLCC-R: Head Lice Procedure