The Education Committee is a standing sub committee of the ConVal School Board. It is comprised of not more than 5 members, a chairperson and district level administration. The committee members and chairperson are appointed annually by the chair of the School Board.
The role of the education sub committee of the ConVal School board includes:
- Periodic review of district programs and courses, to ensure the board’s familiarity with district educational programs.
- Review new curriculum and instructional programs prior to implementation (Role as part of Program Approval Process).
- Review of educational programs supported by federal and state grants.
- Recommend to the full board any changes in ConVal School District Policies pertaining to students, curriculum and / or instruction.
- Study and make recommendations on specific educational concerns referred to the committee by the school board.
- Post a meeting agenda, maintain minutes and make reports to the full board on the outcomes of sub committee meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time, by the Chair of the ConVal School Board.
Crista Salamy, Chair; Antrim
Rich Cahoon, Antrim
Bernd Foecking, Dublin
Janine Lesser, Peterborough
Linda Quintanilha, Bennington