ConVal School Board
Budget Development Session The ConVal Schoolboard meets with district and school administrators to develop the budget for the 2019-2020 school year.
Members Review School Board Calendar At their meeting on September 4, School Board members and District Administrators review their calendars and the work that needs to be accomplished during the 2018-2019 school year.
What's HappeningView All News
On Saturday, November 2nd, the ConVal Schoolboard met with administrators and school principals at the SAU office for a day-long budget development workshop.
Budgets established by the eight elementary schools, two middle schools, and the high school were examined, as were the district’s administrative expenses and program offerings.
This first round in the district-wide budget development process began with three sets of assumptions for the 2019-2020 fiscal year — procedural,
Residents of the Contoocook Valley (ConVal) School District will soon be receiving final tax bills for the year. It is important to note the significant increase in the “local education” portion of your tax rates. The ConVal School Board wishes to explain how this year’s approved school budget impacted tax bills.
After many years of relatively flat school budgets,
Why is the ConVal School Board looking at student enrollments, consolidation models, use of resources, funding formulas and district equity?
While New Hampshire is rated one of the best places to raise children, elementary and secondary public-school enrollment has consistently declined over the past decade. This decline raises questions for districts about the possible need to consolidate functions across schools,
Last year, the ConVal School District started to use Twitter as a communications platform.
Teachers at each of the eleven schools now share classroom projects, special events, and school-wide assemblies online, all in an effort to showcase the many exciting things that are happening in the district every day.
The individual tweets from the eight elementary schools,
2018-2019 School Board Goals
- Develop and communicate a warrant article that proposes a long-term, sustainable organizational structure for the ConVal School District.
- Adopt, publish, and implement a comprehensive Board communications plan.
- Examine and support the equitable distribution of resources at ConVal High School.
- Review the implications of universally available pre-school within the ConVal School District.
- Continue to support the enhancement and growth of business and community partnerships that result in high-value education and post-graduate career pathways.